
"Mars Needs Moms" is one of the best kids movies that I've seen in a looooong time. (Thanks to the Christmas gift of Netflix from my awesome bro-in-law!) It will make you laugh, make you cry, and make your heart beat in suspense. It is clean and fun. And best of all it has
A GREAT MORAL:
Moms are an essential, crucial and a special part of making a society work well. There is no replacement for a Mom. In other words, MOmS RoCk!!!
You can see why I liked this movie!!!Duhh!
But the last scene got me. Such a sweet moment. I think I actually started tearing up in this animated movie. Watch for yourself, You'll see why:
As I watched, I realized how natural it is for a Mom to do anything in her power to protect the life of her child. How natural it is for a Mom to give up her life in order that her child can live. I realized that I would do the same thing in this situation. Of course I would give S my helmet so that he would live, even if that meant that I would die. Choosing to protect my life instead of his is not even an option to me. He is my precious child and I love him more than words can describe. He is worth giving up my own life in order that He may live.
Then it hit me....those are exactly the thoughts of our Great Father, God himself. WE are His precious children that He loves more then words can describe. We are worth it to God for Him to give up His life in order that we may live. JESUS, God in the Flesh, died a horrible death so that we didn't have to. We have eternal life with Him! I think it came natural to our Heavenly Father to make this sacrifice for us. We are his precious ones, how could He not? Like the sweet Mom in this movie, He gave us his "helmet," He gave us His life.
1 Corinthians 15:3-4
"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures"
1 Corinthians 15:3-4
"For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures"
No comments:
Post a Comment