Tuesday, April 3, 2012

15 minutes of Fame

In recent news, S got to be on the April 2012 cover of FORT WORTH, TEXAS magazine!


We were taking S to the church nursery one Sunday, when the nursery coordinator handed us a business card for Fort Worth,TX magazine saying that they were looking for baby models. I thought this would be a cool opportunity for us, not to mention, the motto of Fort Worth,TX magazine to to "Honor God in all we do," so I had confidence in this company. After a few e-mails and photos sent to the owner of the magazine, he told me to bring S in for a photoshoot although" his hair might make him look too old." So we showed up one morning to their photo studio with 4 other babies whom were being photographed as well. They were hoping that out of 4 babies at least one would cooperate with the photographer! When he sat on the "Doctor's" lap, he was bouncy and wiggly and happy as can be. He was so wiggly the "Doctor" had a hard time holding onto him! And of course his Mommy helped to get that smile out of him by making faces and funny noises at him too. He did a great job, I was so proud of him! And Fort Worth, TX magazine must of loved him too, because they chose him for the cover! Guess his hair wasn't too much of a problem! Thank you God for giving me such a happy smiley boy and such a cool open opportunity!

It's still funny to think that my baby's face in sitting in Dr.'s offices, magazine racks, and coffee tables around the metroplex. Lots of people are asking me whether this the start of a big modeling career for Sam. I am looking into it, after all we do gotta start that college fund, but I'm trying not to get my head too much in the clouds about it.  I just think this was a pretty cool 15 minutes of fame for my sweet 8 month old boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment