Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A New Life

During the Easter season, everything around us is celebrating new life. The colorful eggs, baby bunnies, & baby chicks all reminds us of how God's creation always springs forth new life. And all these things should point us to the new life found in Jesus that we get to have because He came back to life. This Easter season, the Heflin family is celebrating the new life that God has given us living within my womb.

That's right, there is a new baby in my belly! God had blessed us with another life to care for.

Here's the info everyone has been asking us about:
* Due Date: November 5th
* S and Baby #2 will be 16 months apart
* The baby was planned by God-we didn't try to plan nor try to prevent conception
* Yes, we are moving out of our one bedroom condo very soon!
* Everything is healthy thus far, we got to hear the heartbeat this past week!
* I would love to have a little girl, but would be happy with a boy too because it would give Sam a  best friend :)



God is so good to give us another Blessing. God is also good to give me confidence is the face of becoming a Mommy for two little ones. The week I took a positive pregnany test, worry and fear began to grip me. I began to doubt my capabilities of going through another pregnancy and childbirth and was fearful of having two kids under two. That same week, I was studying Mark 8 for my ladies Bible study and God gave me a lot of hope. In Mark 7, Jesus had miraculously fed 5,000 people. In Mark 8, there were 4,000 people hungry and again Jesus miraculously fed all of them. Soon thereafter, the 12 disciples were on a boat getting hungry and began worrying about what they would eat. And in Bri's paraphrase, Jesus says, "Hellooooooooooo!! Duh! Don't you remember how I fed all those thousands of people? How could you forget that!! I'll take care of you guys." It was like Jesus was saying to me, "Helloooooo! Duh! Don't you remember how I got you through a great pregnancy with #1? How I gave you a quick and uncomplicated birth? How much I helped you in those newborn days? How much love I gave you for your first baby? I'll take care of you this time too." And I know He will. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment