The Lord has a way of teaching you best in those hard times.
For me, it’s in times of sickness. Perhaps, this is the only time I am still
enough to really hear him. Maybe those are the times when I am at my weakest so
He is at his strongest. Most recently the sickness has taken on the form on the
dreaded Norovirus, aka the Stomach bug.
You see, lately, I have become somewhat of a so called “crunchy”
mom. Or maybe you know them better by the term "health-nut" or "hippie lady". Or the cute term: A Mommypotamus. I use
essential oils on my whole family, take a whole slew of vitamins and probiotics,
make my own personal products and cleaning supplies, and am buying an increasing
amount of organic groceries. So of course me first thought when faced with
the stomach bug was, “How!? I am work so hard to keep my family healthy and now
we’re all spewing out of both ends of our bodies!” And what’s worse is
that I got the worst of it. And I got it TWICE, in two weeks and still am
feeling repercussions of it days later. I am the one who takes the most
vitamins and uses the most essential oils and I got sick the worst.
Sometimes you can do all you can and nothing will work. Whether it's fighting an illness or something more serious. Sometimes
the Lord just needs you to be still so He can work. So HE can fight for you. In my case, He is
fighting this virus for me. So what do you think I have been doing all day?
Being STILL. Just laying down and resting as much as I can and letting the Lord work
on my gut. Actually napping and not cleaning the house. And being STILL in my heart. Not fretting, trying a million different remedies, or searching endlessly online for the best natural solutions. Just being Still and trusting my Creator and my Healer. I’m still taking a few pills, using a few oils, and eating healthy foods, because I know God can use those. We can plant a seed and give it water but God is the one who provides the growth. Likewise, we can fill our bodies with all kinds of healthy stuff, but God is the one who provides the healing. But Sometimes....no Most-times... our part is just to sit back, be STILL, and let the Lord fight for us.
For more encouragement, see related post: An open letter from God to Crunchy Mothers
For more encouragement, see related post: An open letter from God to Crunchy Mothers

No comments:
Post a Comment