Wednesday, August 6, 2014

10 year High School Reunion


That classic Senior yearbook pic

10 years!!! How did I get so old!!!


My 10 year high school reunion is coming up which has got me thinking about these past 10 years. I may not have invented Post-Its like my two favorite ladies of a certain 90s movie, but I have had quite a full 10 years! I was going to write a blog about what I've been doing... but nah....you can easily watch my "Facebook movie" to get the gist of that.

So instead I decided to write a list of the things I would tell me 17 year old self if I could go back in time 10 years ago. If you happen to be 17..(cough..cough..Katie Joy..) you may want to pay attention. This is 10 years of wisdom in the making!






What my 28 year old self would tell my 17 year old self:

1. Step away from the tanning bed. 

2. Just because it is cereal does not make a Rice Crispy Treat a good breakfast. Same goes for the juice in fruit snacks! 

3. You may not know him now, but your body and your heart both belong to your husband. Guard them with all your might...then when that's not enough ask for help.

4. Seek out a godly mentor to help you sort through these impressionable times of your life.  

5. Buy some stock in a little company called Amazon. They won't just be selling your college textbooks for long.

6. A year from now after you made it into college no one will care about your SAT score, GPA, Honor Societies, drill team rank, "Who's Who" books, jewels in your class ring, or patches on your letterman jacket. Enjoy them now, but don't spend too much money on these things!

7. Go help your Momma make dinner and clean the house! And stop wasting your Daddy's money at the mall and movies! They do a lot for you, help them out a little.

8. Curfews were made to keep you safe, please abide by them. Nothing good ever happens after midnight!

9. You are more beautiful then you think. Especially in the eyes of your Creator, and His eyes are the ones that truly matter.

10. Be grateful you are a bit nerdy and quiet. It's God gracious way of keeping you out of too much trouble and close to His heart.




1 comment: