I think back through the year, on the hard and the fun
As we close out Twenty Twenty Four,
I remember God’s faithfulness & couldn’t ask for more
The oldest kid is now a teen
He likes Minecraft, Dude Perfect, and the church youth group scene
He is witty and smart, tells “Dad jokes” and excels at school
He is often found reading his Kindle, his b-day gift “so cool”
The second one has grown into a young man
He is helpful and kind to always lend a hand
He conquered dyslexia, reading Lord of the Rings
With his engineer brain he is always building things
The third one, she lives up to her name
She brings our home joy, without her it wouldn’t be the same
We found a wonderful school to meet her unique needs
She loves dancing, singing, and telling about Jesus-planting many seeds
Lastly, we have the youngest one in second grade
He is crafty, always cutting up paper and showing me the art he made
He loved Chinese camp this summer and is a leader of his friends as school
He likes spies, ninjas, legos, star wars, superheroes and other things that are cool.
The Mr. works hard as an engineer boss-man
Managing a large team and designing many an air conditioning fan
As a Daddy and husband, He is wonderful as can be
He did lots of projects at the house, including a built in bookshelf you should see
I enjoy being the Mom of big kids, who are becoming independent
I started a shop on Etsy as a creative outlet
I’m Homeschooling a couple kids, but on a PTO board for another
I have the support of a counselor and my prayer group of adoptive mothers.
Back in March we found toxic mold in our ceiling and wall
It was a stressful time, but God provided through it all
The boys all spend a lot of time with Trail Life
Where they go camping, tie knots, and play with a knife
Some are in the church choir where they worship through song
And one is in dance where she will twirl all the day long
We like to spend a lot of time outdoors
In Galveston we relaxed on the seashore
On Fridays we hike with our Barefoot group at the park
In Beavers Bend we sat with the in-laws around the fire in the dark.
As we begin Twenty Twenty Five
I am grateful to God for this life
He is the Giver of many good gifts from above
Like Faith, Hope, & the Greatest of these-Love.


Love love love! So glad to know you and yours. <3
ReplyDelete