I never thought I would use cloth diapers. Just like I never thought I would want a natural child birth. Just like I never thought I would meet my husband in a church Singles group...God has a way of making you laugh at your "so called plans"!!
BUT..after using almost 500 diapers--about $100 worth-during the first month on Sam's life, (thank goodness many of those diapers were gifts) I wanted to look into a way to save money! Yes, using this many diapers over the course of one month is a little more then usual for two reasons. 1. Brodie and I as new parents changed him way more often then need be. 2. Babies poop A LOT the first month!
After doing the math, it seems that in a normal month as he gets older we will use more like 6-8 diapers a day. Totaling about $40 in a normal month, almost $500 a year! Still ALOT to spend on something that gets pooped and peed in and thrown away!
So I found these awesome cloth diapers online at nickisdiapers.com. They are easy to use and so cheap! We'll spend about $250 over the course of 2 years, so like $10 a month. So we'll save about $750 over the next 2 years! Not to mention if we have more Kiddos then we can use these same diapers for them and save $1000 per kid! I know that is a lot of math! I've had my cell phone calculator out as I have typed this!
As you can see I am very excited about our purchase!

This is great! I would definitely try this too!
ReplyDelete