Something momentous occured recently. Sl has shown us his first BIG smiles. Not those little half grins of a newborn caused by gas, but those big smiles that fill up his face as if he is saying "I love you! I hear your voice! I know you! " It is enough to make a mommy melt!
You know you are a Mommy when, every little new thing he does makes you so proud! Oh look, he turned his head! Oh my goodness, he rotated 90 degrees in his crib. Aww...he is cooing!! I love it! I love seeing him grow. It amazes me how I don't notice him growing day to day, but as I look back on pictures from over the past month its easy to see that growth! Just looking at the two videos below of him "swimming" as I call it shows a huge growth. In the first one he is 3 weeks old and the second one is at 6 weeks old. I am so proud at him for all that he has grown these past 7 weeks.
I can't help but this that is how our Heavenly Father feels when we are growing in our Faith. He says, "All right! She controlled her tongue!" "Good, she is serving the poor!" "Aww..look how much she loves me with all the time she spends talking to me in prayer!" He is so proud of us for our little accompishments. He loves it when we look at at him and smile so big because we love him, we know him, and we love hearing his voice. And just like I can't see S growing on a day to day basis, we don't see ourselves growing spiritually on a day to day basis. But when we look back on the little bit further past, we can say, Wow! Look how much I've grown! When we are growing, our God is one Proud Daddy!
You know you are a Mommy when, every little new thing he does makes you so proud! Oh look, he turned his head! Oh my goodness, he rotated 90 degrees in his crib. Aww...he is cooing!! I love it! I love seeing him grow. It amazes me how I don't notice him growing day to day, but as I look back on pictures from over the past month its easy to see that growth! Just looking at the two videos below of him "swimming" as I call it shows a huge growth. In the first one he is 3 weeks old and the second one is at 6 weeks old. I am so proud at him for all that he has grown these past 7 weeks.
I can't help but this that is how our Heavenly Father feels when we are growing in our Faith. He says, "All right! She controlled her tongue!" "Good, she is serving the poor!" "Aww..look how much she loves me with all the time she spends talking to me in prayer!" He is so proud of us for our little accompishments. He loves it when we look at at him and smile so big because we love him, we know him, and we love hearing his voice. And just like I can't see S growing on a day to day basis, we don't see ourselves growing spiritually on a day to day basis. But when we look back on the little bit further past, we can say, Wow! Look how much I've grown! When we are growing, our God is one Proud Daddy!
He is so precious! And I love how a blog about your beautiful baby boy turns into a devotional turning our focus onto our Heavenly Father! Thank you for the encouragement in our walks, no matter how slow or fast we think we're growing. It's great to remember that the living God sees us and smiles over us when we grow in Him.
ReplyDeleteI truly think we can see Him in everything if we just really look. Thanks for the great blog post. You should be proud. ;)
ReplyDelete