Friday, May 25, 2012

Heflin News Tidbits




A lot has been going on in the Heflin Home the past couple of months. Here is a glimpse at the latest:


Our Trip


God has provided more than enough money we needed for our first family mission trip to El Salvador! God has been so faithful through all the generous people who gave to us. I have been busy shopping and am about the start packing for our exciting week! I am the official team Blogger for the trip, so be looking for a link to our team blog on this Blog!






Our New House


We found a great little house for our growing family! We are currently under contract and will close on it June 15th! It is about 10 minutes West of where we currently live. It has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, a great big backyard, & a nice covered back porch. It is walking distance to an exemplary elementary school in a smaller ISD and also walking distance to a cute little park with a creek and playground. It's pretty much move-in-ready, although Pintrest has given me some great ideas! Pictures of our new abode to come soon! Our current condo is still up on the market. Praying for a buyer soon...very soon!






Our New Baby


I've felt some distinct baby movements in my tummy during the last couple of weeks! The morning sickness is all over and now I'm eating like crazy! Everything so far has been healthy and good. I'm seeing a group on midwives this time, as opposed to an OB, and so far they have been great. Don't worry, I'll still deliever in a hospital!  I definitely got a little pooch in my belly way earlier than the last pregnancy. I guess my body already knew what to do! We will have our big sonogram on June 22 to find out if we'll have a girl or a boy! I don't have any guesses and we don't have any names picked out yet. Whereas in my last pregnancy, God gave me many old friends that I got to experience my first pregnancy with. This time, God has given me a few new Fort Worth friends to be pregnant with who are also having their second (or third) child! God is so good!




Our Little Man

S has gone from a little baby to a little boy! He has 4 little teeth, two on top and two on bottom and is always babbling, smiling or giggling showing his little personality. He points at anything interesting he sees (which is everything) and I name the item he points too. He eats big people food now and feeds himself everything, which is messy but fun too. His favs are still bananas and cheerios. It is sooo much fun, yet sooo tiring, now that he is crawling, pulling up to stand, and cruising around. I feel like when the crawling began, that is when the real parenting began. I'm constantly having to set boundaries, tell him "no", give him a little slap on the hand or leg to let him know I mean business. And he really does understand. Sometimes he tests me and keeps repeating the offense, but usually after a couple of "no's" he crawls away and moves onto something else. It brings me such joy to see my little boy obeying me! (just a little glimpse of God's joy when we obey Him) He understands a lot of words now, such as " Mommy, Daddy, cup, eat, no, go get, come, and tongue." Yes, he knows the word tongue! It is so cute! Watch the videos to see what I mean :)







Our May Fun





No comments:

Post a Comment