S and I are taking a break from all the activity today to rest our bodies so we can make it to the end of the week. So I have time to blog a little! Yay! I have been blogging for the team blog, but I thought I'd write a little more personal one too.
We have had a great time so far. Even with a messed up sleeping schedule, S has been a trouper and has done great. He LOVES getting lots of attention from everyone (Americans & Salvadorians alike) and always has a big smile to anyone who talks to him. He has been a great way to open doors of conversation with others here. I find myself talking to a lot of younger moms with babies simply because it is what we have in common! Yesterday evening, two of those young moms gave me gifts-one mango and one bag of coffee! They are so kind here.
With all of my Mommy duties, I find myself in more of a support role for Brodie, who has really been doing a lot of the direct ministry work. He has been able to share the Gospel in the schools, he preached the gospel on night to a large crowd at one of the parties, and has been able to share one-on-one with a few men who really needed the hope of Jesus in their lives. S and I are right there with him, encouraging him, praying for him, whispering good Bible passages to use when talking to others, and just standing by his side. It has been really cool to minister to others as a family and to see the unique roles God has for each of us.
Enjoy some pictures!
 |
At every school, S is bombarded by children saying how beautiful and cute he is, asking his names, asking how old he is, and always wanting to touch him. He is Mr. Popular for sure!
|
 |
| He had his little friend taking good care of him! |
 |
| Protecting from the Sun and hanging out with our translator |
 |
| He is always surrounded by American kids too! |
 |
| Another new little friends! |
 |
| He hasn't fallen asleep in my arms since he was newborn! |
 |
| Our teaching team in the schools |
 |
| Again, surrounded by his fan club! |
 |
| We got to meet a baby that was only 29 days old! |
 |
| This country is beautiful! So green, so many hills... |
 |
| Brodie the teacher |
 |
| Fun on the bus ride! |
 |
| Playing with another new friend! |
 |
| More Fans |
 |
| Sitting outside a classroom while Daddy is teaching |
 |
| Fell asleep in the middle of eating Cherrios! |
 |
| At Pollo Campero--mmm...fried chicken! |
No comments:
Post a Comment