My littlest sister graduated high school this weekend! Not only did she graduate, but she graduated number 15 in her class or 600+ She is a smart lady.
As her big-big sister being 10 years older, I got to share in the joy of seeing her grow up and was almost like a little Momma to her. I was telling her the other day that I remembered more of her childhood then she did! I changed her diapers (not very well) and made her meals of spagettiOs. We had lots of dance parties. She was always following me and my other sister all around the house. I went to lots of her special events, from Kindergarten graduation, choir concerts, dance recitals, fashion shows an on to her high school graduation. She is one of the reasons I went into teaching because being around her helped me realize I liked working with kids. She is also a big reason I stayed out of trouble (for the most part) in my high school/college years, because I wanted to set a good example for her. I'm so proud of her and know she will do great as she moves to this next stage of life. I'm excited to keep watching her grow up!
And so for this special occasion I decided to recreate this poem to describe her as an 18 year old:
As her big-big sister being 10 years older, I got to share in the joy of seeing her grow up and was almost like a little Momma to her. I was telling her the other day that I remembered more of her childhood then she did! I changed her diapers (not very well) and made her meals of spagettiOs. We had lots of dance parties. She was always following me and my other sister all around the house. I went to lots of her special events, from Kindergarten graduation, choir concerts, dance recitals, fashion shows an on to her high school graduation. She is one of the reasons I went into teaching because being around her helped me realize I liked working with kids. She is also a big reason I stayed out of trouble (for the most part) in my high school/college years, because I wanted to set a good example for her. I'm so proud of her and know she will do great as she moves to this next stage of life. I'm excited to keep watching her grow up!
When I was 13, I wrote a little poem about my baby sister and how her life looked as a 3 year old. Here it is:
And so for this special occasion I decided to recreate this poem to describe her as an 18 year old:


No comments:
Post a Comment