Thursday, February 17, 2011

I love Thursdays



I LOVE Thursdays! I always look forward to them now a days. For the past couple of months, I have been attending a women's Bible study at Christ Chapel Bible Church in Fort Worth. About 200 women come each Thursday morning for a study on the book of Isaiah. We are split into small groups, and I have a fabulous group of about 7 women that I get to be a part of. There is a lady from every age and stage--from me, newly married & pregnant, to a new Mom with a baby, to a  Mom with college students, to older ladies with grown children. It is so neat to hear the perspectives of each one as we talk through our study. We study Isaiah throughout the week with the help of a study guide and some thought provoking questions about how this can apply to our personal lives today, then we join each week and hear what each other has learned! After our small group time, we go into a large group lecture time, where I feel as if I am getting a seminary level of teaching on the book of Isaiah, and I love it! It is so good for my brain! I have really enjoyed the study of Isaiah and what it has shown me about the Judgement, Power, and Wrath of God, yet it also portrays the intimacy, deep care and love that He has for His people. Isaiah Chapter 40 has been one of my favorites Go read it, it's beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment