Wednesday, February 2, 2011

My Home


I've been a vagabond for a long time. Moving practically every 6 months for the past 6-7 years of my life! Never feeling settled. Never like I had a home of my own. I can't remember the last time when I was able to unpack ALL of my boxes!

But now, I finally feel settled. I finally feel at peace and at rest with where I live. I have a home of my own, where I can decorate and organize as I wish. A home where I have unpacked and found a place for everything I own (well almost). Not to mention, a home of my own, I'm also responsible for cleaning! Thank goodness it is small! Ha! I love having a HOME!

Yet, there is still a sense in the back of my mind that this is not permanent. I am settled into our Condo in Fort Worth, but only temporarily settled. We will surely move from this place as our family grows and as changes in jobs and callings from the Lord happen. The Home I have created will have to be packed up again probably in the next few years. And that Home will be packed up, and the next, and the next!

My heart has always longed for a place of Rest, and I'm afraid here on earth I will never find that Rest permanently. Thank goodness for Heaven, when we will finally be at home PERMANANTLEY! Settled in for GOOD!

Isaiah 32:17-18 describes what it will be like when we are with Jesus forever: "And the effect of righteousness will be peace, and the result of righteousness, quietness and trust forever. My people will abide in a peaceful habitation, in secure dwellings, and in quiet resting places."

I love the hope of a heavenly home!






No comments:

Post a Comment