Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Days!


Ahh yes, the great Snow/Ice Days of February 2011. It was all over Facebook. All over the news. All over all the closed school districts websites who were all closed Tuesday-Friday. How exciting for Texas to have a glimpse of a winter!


It was darn cold AND darn icy, so I (and many others in DFW) stayed inside the house for 3 days straight. I literally only went outside once in 3 days--and that was only to take out the trash! I managed to get a lot done though! I got LOTS of sleep! I started a blog, that you are now reaping the benefits of! I cooked some good dinners for my dear husband. I cleaned out and organized a bunch of closets and shelves to make room for baby Heflin. There was an afternoon, I power-walked around the house and did some squats, just cause I had to get out energy!  I felt stir-crazy, but accomplished in some ways!!

Finally on Thursday night, beautiful, fresh, powdery snow and Friday morning we woke to a winter wonderland with not so much ice and warm enough weather to actually go outside. Thankfully, Brodie only works half day Fridays, so by the time I was up and out of my pajamas, He was already home. We got to go play outside, throw snow at each other, write love messages in the snow, find a snowman, and finally sled down a big hill on top of a storage bin!! To see our adventures, visit the photo album:
Snow Day Facebook Album

What a strange week, with such a fun end to it!




1 comment:

  1. Is it safe to go sledding while preggers? Anyway, I'm glad you have a blog so I can have someone else's to read. So, keep 'em coming! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete